Sunday, November 15, 2015

The end

Endings are often bitter-sweet. The end of CMI is no different. Finishing the homework and classwork was absolutely amazing! The sense of accomplishment was refreshing and I'm so grateful God saw me through. It was a sweet feeling to receive my diploma.
But saying goodbye to people who had, in three short months, become family, that was rather a bitter feeling. Giving last hugs and watching them drive away back to where they came from.
Don't get me wrong! I am thrilled to go back home and minister to the boys and girls in Washington! I'm excited to share God's love and explain what Jesus did for them. I'm excited to "go and do". To fulfill the Great Commision!
But feelings of sorrow are natural. Perhaps they are necessary. God could be using them to prepare me for the future, and using them to equip me for future ministry.

Heavenly Father,
I pray that You would show me how to glorify you during times of sadness. I pray that You would be everything I need each and every day. I pray for the boys and girls that the students of cmi class #161 will reach. I pray that hundreds of thousands would be reached by Your will, and that as we share with each one, Your Spirit would work in their lives. I pray that You would do a mighty work so that the hundreds of millions of children who do not know You might come to know You.
I'm Jesus Christ's name I pray, amen.

2 comments: