Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Living it out

If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that?

James 1:15-16

How seriously do we take our Christian responsibility? When we hear about a need in our church, if some is sick, how often do we think, "Oh yeah of course I'll pray for them", and it ends there? Sadly, Christians (myself included) often stop at saying a quick prayer while we're going about our day. We often don't carve out time to visit and encourage. (After all, being sick can be really lonely!) How often do we ask if they need us to pick anything up for them? AND mean that?
Outreach to the lost is the focus of my ministry, but I can't neglect the brothers and sisters around me.

Great Father,
I pray you help me to live out the love you've shown to me. Help me look for opportunities to be a blessing to those around me. Thank you so much for your goodness. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment