Sunday, October 4, 2015

Halfway there

Lots happening! I'm currently taking the Dynamics of Teacher Training module, and preparing for a practicum tomorrow.  Last Wednesday my friends Sara, Sara, Nikki, and I all had the opportunity to teach at counsel time at a local AWANA club. 


It was wonderful to put some of our learning into practice. It was even better to interact and show love to children! I was given a refreshing reminder of the burden that God has placed on my heart, and felt an incredible sense of passion as I shared the Gospel. I'm so grateful that God has called me to teach children. It truly is an awesome privilege. I was invited to a Harvest festival, and on the ride back I was sandwhiched between a five year old and a five month old. I was blessed to have silly talks and a sleepy baby hold my hand. As the five year old rested his head on my shoulder, even though he hadn't known me for more than a week, I thought about how we can rest on God's shoulders. What a beautiful example of child-like faith. 

Updates: I have applied to become a missionary through the IMPACT program with CEF. This is a part of the missionary program, and will allow me to return to Washington as a missionary, but keep my eye on overseas missions in the future. Hopefully the interview will be done within the next few weeks.

Praise/Prayer:
Praise:
1. I'm very grateful for the ministry opportunities I've had here
2. I'm being challenged to learn lots of new things

Prayer:
1. Pray that I would remain focused and especially energized as the weeks of late-night homework and fun start to catch up
2. Please pray that God would be in the application process for IMPACT.

No comments:

Post a Comment